Internet Privacy Notice
Monarch Takes Important Steps to Protect the Personal Information You Share with Us.
Monarch cares about your privacy. Monarch also believes in your right to know what nonpublic personal information we collect about you, and what we do with that information. This Internet Privacy Notice describes the nonpublic personal information we collect about you, and how we handle the information it receives through Monarch’s website as it relates to companies and individuals who either own or are covered by insurance that is procured through Monarch.
Federal and state law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing of your personal nonpublic information. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and safeguard your nonpublic personal information. You are receiving this Internet Privacy Notice because you are utilizing Monarch’s website to facilitate the procurement of insurance, and are therefore utilizing the products and services provided by Monarch. The type of nonpublic information we collect and share depends on the product or services you are securing through Monarch.
Monarch collects and/or requests information when a user:
- Contacts us using an online form
- Submits an e-mail for any reason
- Prints and completes any form data (which is returned via fax or email).
The information we collect can include the following:
- details about you that we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, telephone number, employer or agency/broker license number
- information about the applicant or insured received on applications or other forms, such as the applicant/insured’s name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment information, information about the applicant/insured’s income, business operations, and medical information
- information about the applicant/insured’s claims history
- data from insurance support organizations, government organizations, insurance information sharing bureaus
- property information and similar data about the insured/applicant and property insured
- information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as a credit report.
We share your nonpublic personal information in the course of supporting your insurance coverage or insurance products or services, as authorized by law, or with your consent. This includes sharing, as permitted by law, your nonpublic personal information (or that of your customer/insured/applicant) with affiliated parties and nonaffiliated third parties, as applicable, in the course of supporting your insurance coverage or insurance products. We collect nonpublic personal information when you apply for insurance on behalf of your customer, or file an insurance claim, to help us provide you with our insurance products and services, and determine your insurability or other eligibility. We may also ask you and others for information to help us verify your identity in order to prevent money laundering or terrorism.
Employees who have access to your nonpublic personal information are required to maintain and protect the confidentiality of that information. Access to your personal information, or that of your customers/applicants/insureds, may be needed to conduct business on your behalf or to service your insurance coverage. In addition, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural measures to protect your personal information in compliance with applicable laws and regulatory standards.
We explain below the reasons we can share your nonpublic personal information, whether we actually share your nonpublic personal information, and whether you can opt out of this sharing.
|Reasons we may share your personal information:||Does Monarch Share?||Can you opt out of this sharing or limit this sharing, or is your authorization required for this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes: to affiliates and non-affiliates to process your transactions, administer products or services and maintain your account and report to credit bureaus||Yes.||No.|
|For our marketing purposes or for joint marketing with other companies||No.||–|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes—transaction and experience information||Yes.||No.|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No.||–|
|For non-affiliates to market to you||No.||–|
– Affiliates are defined as financial or nonfinancial companies related by common ownership or control.
– Non-affiliates are financial or nonfinancial companies not related by common ownership or control. We do not rent or sell your nonpublic personal information. However, we may share your information with companies that we hire to perform business services for us, such as data processing, computer software maintenance and development, and transaction processing. When we disclose information to others to perform these services, they are required to take appropriate steps to protect this information and use it only for purposes of performing the business services. Monarch does not share information with non-affiliates to market to you.
When your relationship with us ends, we may continue to share information about you as described in this Privacy Notice, as allowed by state and federal laws and regulations.
If you change your mind and decide you do not wish to receive information or promotional materials in the future, or if you wish to correct or update any contact information you previously provided, please let a Monarch representative know, or you can email Monarch at email@example.com.
This Privacy Notice is also sent on behalf of the following affiliated companies: Monarch Premium Finance.
FOR RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, AND NEVADA:
You may have the following rights under state law:
Except for certain documents relating to claims and lawsuits, you and your customer/insured/applicant has the right to access the recorded personal information that we have collected about you which we can reasonably locate and retrieve. To access your recorded personal information you must submit a written request reasonably describing the information that you seek, and send your written request to: Mark Kaufman, Chief Operating Officer, Monarch E&S Insurance Services, 2540 Foothill Blvd., #101, La Crescenta, California 91214. If you would like a copy of your recorded personal information that we can reasonably locate and retrieve, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in providing you a copy of the recorded information. Generally, most of the recorded nonpublic personal information we collect about you and have in our possession is from policy applications you submit to obtain our products and services, and is reflected in your statements, policies or other documentation you receive from us. If you believe that your personal information we have about you is incomplete or inaccurate, please let us know at once in writing and we will investigate and correct any errors we find. You also have the right to request the correction, amendment or deletion of recorded personal information about you that we have in our possession. You must make your request in writing and send your written request to Mark Kaufman, Chief Operating Officer, 2540 Foothill Blvd., #101, La Crescenta, California 91214.